Friday, August 31, 2007

Trio of Welsh Barbers .......

...... cryptic or what ...... this had us all scratching our heads, until Lythan finally put us out of our misery.

Here's what she has to say about this weeks dare.

As a reward for all the brain power that went into the Little Extra this week, this is a simple one, from simple Lythan.

With a cryptic clue.

Which, as I discovered to my embarrassment, when I laid it on the team, is only really possible to understand if you live in the UK. And even better, are Welsh.

So... a trio of Welsh Barbers means that on your card you need to have 3 die cuts!

(Dai is a common Welsh nickname for David and as there are a lot of Dai's around they are known by their jobs so a Welsh barber would be known as Dai Cuts. I'll get my coat.)

Here are Lythan's "simple" rules:

If you don't have access to die cuts in any shape or from, you can still play along. You can then use punches. And if you don't have punches then you can do hand cutting.

See how nice I am?

BUT no cheating now! No reaching for the scissors if you have a machine to hand - or even some old die cuts you bought ages ago (that would be me then!) You CAN use punches and scissors etc as well as die cuts though. See, very nice!!






**CuttleBug House Die**
**CuttleBug Flowers Die**
**CuttleBug Embossing Folder**
**7 Gypsies 5th Avenue PP**

Remember to leave a comment on the DCM Blog so we can hot-tail it over to see your creations.

We do visit every Blog and try to leave as many comments as possible. There are just so many that we can't all leave a comment - we hope you understand.

You can still join in the fun if you don't have a Blog, just send a Photo/scan to the team at;

daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk

and your creation will be added to our Gallery for all to see.

17 comments:

Jo said...

fabby card Lynne, I always love your stitching on cards. the little house is so cute and that pp is super yummy :)

jo xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

lovely card beautiful colours ,just brilliant,Dawnx

The Cryer Family said...

Ahh! Very sweet, and love the paper you used

Kathy said...

This is such a great card, I love the little house, and the stitching and that cute little flower. I love the way it's cute and stylish at the same time

Dollydimps said...

Liking this one muchly Lynne! I bet I know who it's for too! ;)

Lythan said...

this is wonderful Lynne - really inspiring. You are the UK queen of stitching (internationally you have to share will Gillian)

Rika said...

Lovely card Lynne!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous use of this fabby paper.
I couldn't make anything for over a week, I was getting very frustrated but Sindy came to my rescue!!!

Em said...

fabby dabby Lynne, those papers are just edible aren't they? Loving all the stuff you've been busy making...

mum-on-the-run said...

Fabulous card Lynne,love the stitching!! Those papers are gorgeous and have gone onto my shopping list :)

Oblibby said...

Beautiful card, Lynne. Papers you've used are gorgeous.

Samm said...

ahhhh, how cute is this? lovely work and fabby stitching!

Samm
x

Clare said...

Great card, love the little house and the colours you've used.

Andrea, said...

fab card

Sadie said...

This is beautiful.
I love the colours they are so subtle.

Tigger's rambling said...

How cool is that.....Love it :-)

Jackie said...

Another fab card Lynne. The house die is now on my shopping list ;)