Sunday, February 25, 2007

DCM - 20/20

Kathy set the dare over on DCM this week.

I'd like you to use 20 of one particular thing on a card - be it blooms, papers, brads, ribbons the choice is yours - you can use other things too, but there must be 20 of one item/component - not 20 things altogether, that would be much too easy.

For instance, can you use 20 different papers on one card? 20 Ribbons? Or 20 Blooms - well surely that one sounds easy...

Now if you're really up for a challenge and want to try for TWO lots of 20 - well - then we'd all be really impressed!


So here is mine - I've gone for the 2 lots of 20.
There are 20 stamped squares. They have been sewn on with 20 different coloured threads. This felt like a good idea at the time, but when I was threading the machine up, for what felt like the 100th time - I kinda wished I'd stuck to the 1 twenty ..... ;)





Bitz & Bobz used;
Cream Card, Rhonna Farrer Swirl Stamps, Heidi Swapp Blooms, Large Brad, 20 different threads.

10 comments:

Lythan said...

That is beautiful and must have taken so much work with the sewing machine. well worth it though.

Kathy said...

I love this, Lynne, the little stamped images look so crisp and neat, and the stitching is such a clever idea - worth the hassle - well as long as it was you doing it not me!

Gillian said...

Once again Lynne, you have used that flourish stamp in a new and exciting way... This is such a beautiful card.. and all those colour changes was well worth it... it's brilliant...

Allison Rankin said...

This is so beautiful...I am envious!

Jo said...

definately worth all the sewing, this is beautiful. I love the stamped images

jo xx

Rhi said...

Gorgeous Lynne, you have the patience of a Saint changing the thread colour 20 times, well worth it though, its a stunning card :)

Kimberly White said...

This is gorgeous! Love your take on the challenge! Kim

Paula J Atkinson said...

I love those squares, aren't they cute.
Such a gorgeous colour bloom too!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

That is fabulous!

Sari K. said...

I had the same idea about 20 different threads, but I gave up after two! I just hate re-threading! But now I'm jealous for you because your card is so beutiful and worth of all hard work!