Friday, October 27, 2006

Daring Card Makers - Dare 2.

Daring Card Makers have posted their second dare ........ 'Use the Kitchen', and the girls have come up with some totally unique cards using various kitcheny bits and pieces.

I have used a Cheerio box, tin foil and some string and this is what I have come up with.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

I use my Alcohol inks to colour the tin foil, which gave a great affect (will use this again on a card), cut out flowers from Cheerio box, then covered with the tin foil. I didn't want the tin foil to be smooth so just moved the foil while the glue was still wet - you can get a hammered metal affect. Coloured the string and used it for the flower stems and on the buttons in the flower centers. I used small bits of the left over foil on the die cut letters.

I wont tell my Gran that the card was made with old bits from the kitchen though ..... :-D.

17 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, those flowers look amazing. fantastic card, must get some of those inks and try them :)

Jo x

Saffa said...

OH MY GOD..thats is too gorgeous for words..so inventive!!!! Now I know I need some alcohol inks!!!

Well done for being so quick off the mark!!!!

Jane said...

oh my ! that is fantastic ! really really beautiful- you clever thing ! I love the flowers- really cool.

thanks for stopping by my blog too! .

Cath said...

wow lynne, thats fabulous!!

monika said...

Didn't see your card before I made mine. Bet you don't believe that. I walked into the kitchen and the cheerios were staring at me. First thing to hand. How weird is that?

Keryn Campbell said...

I just love the card. I've never used alcohol inks.

Anonymous said...

That's TOO good!!! Brilliant as per usual Lynne

Rachel said...

Lynne I love it, those flowers look fab, and go shrinking that crisp packet - we can be mad together! OH`s dont know nothing hehe xx

Lythan said...

I LOVE that card!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea.

Kelly K said...

Those flowers are fantastic! I love the colours. Well done Lynne - very inventive.

BondGirl said...

Fantastic card - hmmm the more I see these alcohol inks the more I think I might need them!

Thanks for joining in

Oblibby said...

Oooo Lynne that is great - I really want alchol inks, so you guys can help me buy a couple tomorrow.

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Lynne - what a fantastic card - those flowers are just brilliant. I bet your Gram would be chuffed that you had made it with bits from the kitchen :-) Thanks so much for joining in :-)


Debbie
xxxxxxxxxxx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Wow, them flowers are fantastic. They just glimmer!!!!
Another item to add to the growing list...Alcohol inks!!

Kathy said...

The Alcohol inks on the tin foil look amazing - like puau shell (hope that's the right spelling or the Kiwi Girls will be after me!)

I really am going to have to open my pack of thos inks....

Fantastic ideas, great card - this has been such a fun and inspiring dare

Rhi said...

Oh wow Lynne, this is stunning, I cant believe I missed it before. What a great technique! Rhi x