Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cartoon Crazy Little Extra

Hello Crafty Bloggers - have you missed me .... ?

I've a lot of Blog hopping to catch up on - so, sorry to everyone who I've not visited in a while, but a change in my meds has left me a bit poorly the past few weeks - but hopefully I'll be back to my old self before long, and get back to doing my visits - I've been missing all your fabby work.

Home alone this week. My Guys headed off to Lanzarote for a week of sun, sand and male bonding. My hubby has called every night to let me know that he had been dumped by J, as hanging around with his 'Auld Pa' was cramping his style .... teehee. Poor Dad, your boys growing up ;).

I got my new camera yesterday. I was so excited waiting for it to be delivered I thought I'd burst, and now I have my grubby little hands on it I love it. I went for a Nikon D40 SLD. I was in and out all day yesterday - between rain and thunder storms, snapping everything in sight. Wish the rain would stay off for a bit so I can play in the garden a bit longer.

Do you have a Bebo page .... ? .... I have just made one and I'm totally-totally addicted to it. If you have one pop along and say 'Hi'- LynneR73. There is a link at the bottom of my Blog.

So enough of the catch up, it's time for a little bit of mid week fun to keep us on our toes - Lythan picked our theme.

We'd like you to have a go at making a cartoon inspired card!

You could use the colours and patterns (eg Minnie Mouse's dress would mean a black, white and red spotty card; Winnie the Pooh red and um, honey coloured) or symbolic (eg using an anchor inspired by Popeye).


Please take care not to infringe the copyright rules - you might need to think a bit more laterally with this one. Remember to leave a message on the DCM Blog, and we'll hot-foot it over to see your cartoon creations.








Bitz & Bobz Used;
PP Sassafrass Lass. Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. Penny Black Alphabet Stamps.'Happy','Friends' & 'Swirl' stamps and Button Brad from QVC's last TSV. Spotty Flower from my Stash. Mickey, Minnie & Donald Keyring from the Disney Shop.

13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

What a fab, funky card Lynne! Sorry you've not been feeling well but this looks like you've found your form again - great stuff!

Kimberly White said...

Glad you are back! What a wonderrful card! Kim

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great to have you back. Take your time, it all falls into place when its ready to.
Love this card, so pretty, must be the bright spots.
Fab new camera should get you out between the raindrops to play!!

Stacy said...

kim and i had just siad the other day we missed you!!! great stuff as always!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

I loved this card, so striking!

Gillian said...

Totally Funky and Fun Lynne, just love this card.
it's so wonderful to see your creations again :O)
take care Lynne xx

Sarah said...

Glad you're back Lynne, Hope you are feeling better! Absolutely love this card, but then I absolutely love all your cards!!

Tigger's rambling said...

Love your cards :-)
Hope your feeling better

Cheryl said...

Love your card! Red and white polka dots make me happy....

Kathy said...

this is soooo fab. I love it

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful!!!!

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

I love anything with polka dots!! It's a beautiful, perky--happy card!! Love it!

Leigh said...

I love this card.