Friday, July 27, 2007

Check it Out

Good Morning Crafty Blogger - are you set for this weeks dare?

Oh well you'll just have to wait another couple a seconds ..... lol ..... I just wanted firstly to say big thanks to you all for taking part in my very first dare last week - you may have noticed I was a tad excited :D. I've fell a bit behind on my visits - but I will be visiting soon - so get the kettle on.

Now for this weeks Dare, and as we are right back to the start again - 'tis the lovely Jane that is gonna be daring us this week;

Its my turn (Jane) to dare this week.

Okay -are you ready ?

For my dare you can choose any theme for the card BUT it must incorporate 'Checks', whether it be gingham paper or ribbon or squares, any thing really as long as it incorporates some kind of shape with 4 equal sides....... so go on- I dare you to think outside the square/step out of the box ..............easy as, eh ?!!


Remember to leave a comment on the DCM Blog and we will hot tail it over to admire your lovley creations.

You can also join in the fun if you don't have a Blog, just send a photo/scan to the team on;

daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk

.... and we will add it to the Gallery for all to see.



Papers from SA * Angel Kisses Bloom * Sizzix Daisies Die * American Craft Ribbon * QK Moxy Alphabet * Faux Chipboard Sizzix Fun Serf Numbers * Anita's 3D Gloss * Hero Art's Happy Birthday Stamp *


I've used Actetate for the front of this card.
I stamped the two boarders down the spine of the card and then cut around it, then using my beloved sewy machine I added the Acetate. It was quite hard to photograph - it does look better in RL. I'm not too happy with the 'pp' - but hey, you live and learn.




*Sassafras Lass Boarder Satmps * Autumn Leaves Alphabet * DCWV PP * Anita's 3D Gloss * 7 Gypsies Stamp * Hand Doodlings by Lynne :D

14 comments:

Lythan said...

Oooh Lynne you didn't put the second one up you crafty devil you. I'd love to know more details of how you did it. It rocks!

Kathy said...

These are both fab - and so different from each other too.

I love them both, but you know, the 2nd one is my favourite, even if you're not happy with your "pp" !

Angelnorth said...

Both fabby Lynne - love your style! You must have a very steady hand - definitely the best-looking application of glossy accents I've seen in a long time!

Unknown said...

These are great - the second card is so cool with the loopy letters!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous stuff Lynne. Your mojo really is home to stay!

Sheila said...

Oooooooh Lynne.........I just love the 'happy' card...it's scrummy.
The '40' card is fab too.

Stacy said...

omgoodness girl you want to come to canada and teach me how to make these fabulous cards??

Em said...

Delicious! You are making some REALLY fabby stuff Mrs, well done you.

Gillian .... said...

great check cards, love the colour combos :)

Anna said...

These are so cool Lynne. I particularly like the second one. You have given me loads of inspiration.

Keryn Campbell said...

Both your cards are gorgeous. It's a shame we didn't get to see the second one on the blog.

Kim Costello said...

Both of your cards are great they have a fantastic style and unique so... I have tagged you. I hope you don't mind. The details are on my blog.

Kathy said...

Hi Lynne - just to let you know I've tagged you!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous cards!