Saturday, June 02, 2007

I Can See Clearly Now .......

Been a bit poorly this week so have been taking it easy, even more easy than usual.... hehehehe!!!!

We've had a fantastic response to both Jo's 9-5 Dare last Friday and Tuesday's Little Extra, which is great. We love visiting all your Blogs and seeing your amazing creations.

Big thanks to Bety who has been our Guest Designer for the past couple of weeks, we've loved having you as part of the team.

For the next couple of weeks we have the totally amazing Kirsty Wiseman joining the team as our new Guest Designer. Looking forward to seeing her fabby card creations on the DCM Blog.

Right - lets get to this weeks dare, which was set by the lovely Kel.

Kel says;

Okay, this week I would like you to use some acetate, vellum, plasma or anything else remotely 'see-through' on your card. That's it!


Remember to leave a comment, with your Blog link, on the Daring Card Makers Blog and we will come and visit. You can also show us your creations by sending a photo/scan to the team at;

daringcardmakers@hotmail.co.uk

.... and we will add it to our gallery.





This is the card I made for J's birthday last week - he was really happy with it. Which is a big thing for a 'teenager' to admit. I painted the acetate with Blonde Moments paint.

Bitz&Bobz used;
Basic Grey - Oh Baby Boy PP and Alphabet. Sizzix Fun Serf Faux Chipboard Numbers. Happy Birthday UM Stamp - Purple Onion. QK Tab Die. Penny Black - Liquorise UM Stamps. Autumn Leaves Journal & Arrow Stamps.Blonde Moments Paint


Tommorow I'm off to spend the day with my good friends Rhi, Nic & Lisa, for a lot of Oo-ing & Ah-ing and much stroking of crafty goodies and maybe even some singing as we rumage in the drum of discounted stamps ....... you know who you are .....

I can't wait.

13 comments:

stamp and scrape said...

This is super for a boy - lovely colours. I'm sure J will love it.
Thank you for the comment on my blog - the tag was from a Papermania box of tags, with all sorts of shapes and inner materials (vellum, white and cream paper). I was really pleased to use it as its been sitting on my shelf for ages!
Ros

Lythan said...

\What is not to love about this card. It is flippin' amazing!

Sarah said...

Lynne your cards are so amazing! so much to look at and admire on this card! Love it!

Sharon said...

So much eye candy! Beautiful work, Lynne.

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Love it Lynne so full of colour.

Andrea xx

Melissa Goodsell said...

Super duper boy card - I love the BG papers that you've used.
Melx

deb said...

This is fantastic, my boys would love this card.

Kathy said...

This is a great card Lynne - and if this is taking it easy...well.....

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful!

Bety :)

Paula Whittaker said...

super card....I just love how youve painted the acetate...love it!

Rhi said...

Lynne this is STUNNING! It just absolutely leaves me speechless which doesn't happen often!

Thanks for a fab day yesterday and I hope you're feeling better soon :)

Rhi x

Gillian said...

this card is Beyond words Lynne...
It's easy to see it was made for someone you love dearly...
Mostly when I come to your blog, I just sit and sigh.... cause all of your creations are so unique, and truly wonderful!

Tassy said...

Love it!I have been browsing your blog and love all your cards...I will be coming back and you cant get rid of me now:)a