Friday, March 09, 2007

Super Hero - Dare.

My first dare as Guest Designer with the Daring Card Makers certainly had my little wheels working hard, thanks Jo.

Super)Heroes
he·ro (hîr'ō) n., pl. -roes
1.A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose;
2.A person noted for special achievement in a particular field

Jo said -
Hi all, Jo here to dare you this week :) and I would like to challenge you to make a hero themed card. It could be a card for the Hero in your life or a Superhero themed card.


Action Man was always the Hero in my house - my DS loved playing with him.

So initally this was the inspiration for my card, but as I started work on the card I began thinking about my Sister (who is just returning to 'civvy street') and my BiL who is about to prepare for his 4th tour of Iraq, and how proud I was of both of them. The commitment and the sacrifices they have both given up over the years. My Niece's first Christmas, Anniversaries and Birthday's.

So they are very much Hero's to us.
I love you guys and miss you soooooo much..... xxxx





Bitz & Bobz used;
I really didn't use very much for this card.
I scanned a combat jacket for the backing paper. Tags and buttons were all taken from the combat jacket. Net is from Persil washing powder - dyed black. Dymo. Sizzix die numbers. Purple Onion 'Happy Birthday' & Frame.

9 comments:

Jo said...

This is just so fab, I love the way that you made your own paper and so clever to recycle the washing bag - I have often looked at those and tried to come up with a creative use for them ! Just stunning!

Jo xx

Sarah said...

Lynne, this is the most fantastic card!!! So inspiring, it really is one of a kind. Love it.
Sarah.

Lythan said...

This is an amazing card - and a wonderful tribute you have given to your sis and BiL

Rachel said...

fab fab fab, love the idea of scanning the jacket, amazing card, well done on your 1st week as guest designer

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning little number.
You just keep on rolling them out, go girl!!

Creative Treasures said...

This is just an amazing card, love everything about it, well done lynne, congrats on joining the DCM team

Gillian said...

You are just tooooo clever Lynne... this is an amazing card..
I just love to look at it.. each time I see another fab detail I missed..

Stacy said...

extremely cool!!!!!!

Miranda said...

I think that card is a great tribute! Its amazing! Great job!!