Friday, March 16, 2007

DCM - How Random.

Kel set this weeks dare over on Daring Card Makers

Firstly make a list of 10-20 crafty items you have in your stash, whether it be brads, ribbons, peel-off's, craft robo, dies, stamps, glittter, buttons, flowers, patterned papers, paint... You get the idea! Give them all a number or print them out a sheet and pop them in a hat all folded up.

Next, ask someone non-crafty to either pick 3-5 of your numbers or pieces of paper from your from your hat.

Finally, make a card using ONLY the items chosen. A card blank, some sort of sticky stuff and your basic craft tools are allowed If you want to make it really challenging, list plenty of items that you haven't used in a while, or thought you may never use again!


Clever eh!!!



J picked out my 4 items, which were;
Paper Pad (I have so many that I haven't even used. This one is Boho Chic by MM)
A template - (by Anna Griffin)
1 embellishment (only 1 ***Gulp***)
Ink

I did cheat a wee bit and used the sewing machine (don't tell Kel ;)), but I'm blaming that on Gillian - cos she has me addicted to the thing ;)

16 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh I used my machine too... That's an essential Lynne ;o)
Gorgeous Card.. I just love this enormous flower.. and I really love how you've caught some of the petals in the stitching.. Just Brilliant!

Lythan said...

I love this card - the colours are so pretty and the way you curl up the edges of the petal is fantastic

Sam said...

I love the curly petals too ;o)

Beautiful big flower and such pretty papers!

~ Sam

Kathy said...

this is a wondeful card Lynne, I'm thinking I might need that paper pad to add to my collection...thank you for the temptation!

Sarah said...

Lovely card Lynne, great papers too, I agree with Kathy they sooo need to be added to my collection!

Rhi said...

Gorgeous as always Lynne, that template is beautiful, and the papers are just gorgeous too. Fab card! Rhi x

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful card, love those huge flowers. I recognise those papers & I haven't used all of mine yet.
I got the 12" for scrapping.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow!! Love this card! and the colors!!

Bety :)

Beckie said...

Wow what a lovely card :)

Kimberly White said...

Lynne - what a beautiful beautiful card - Absolutely loving that flower. How do you curl those flower petals????? Kim

Rachel said...

gorgeous card hun, and because of YOU and GILLIAN I had to buy a sewing machine yesterday - so my bank balance is a lot less today as it was yesterday hehe. thanks for the inspiration - Ill send you the bill ~wink~

Em said...

As ever, completely gorgeous card, love the way you make the petals curl up Lynne - what a clever bunny!

Stacy said...

great challenge have to try this one

Dollydimps said...

eeek! I thought I'd already said how fab this card is *blush*
Sewing machine is definitely a vital piece of kit! Love love love the colours in this one Lynne, and the curly petals are gorgeous
xx

CarolineO said...

What a fantastic card!! Love it!

Rachel said...

you bad blogger you ~wink~ xx